Tuesday 14 December 2010

Oh! I do like to be beside the seaside...

My last sketch before hurting my elbow was of a beach. I had realised that my new sketchbook had no colour in it, so when thinking of what to add, I thought of the seaside. Using watercolours and pastels, I sketched a beach from a magazine.
At the weekend I actually got to go to the beach. Admittedly it was rather bracing, as an English seaside resort generally is in December, but I wasn't there for sunbathing. Minehead Butlins played host to Bowlie 2. Twee indie pop stars Belle and Sebastian curated the event.
And my reading for the journey, Women Who Run With The Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Inspiration for the forthcoming Centenary of International Women's Day events. Back home to chilly Glasgow now.

No comments:

Post a Comment