Monday 18 October 2010

Quick! Urgent educational materials!!!!

I had to laugh this morning when my Understanding Western Art course arrived from the OCA, as the box was labelled URGENT EDUCATIONAL MATERIALS. I wonder if the postman ran up the stairs after seeing that message. He was probably a little disappointed to see that the person whom this very urgent package was going to, was still in their dressing gown at 10am. I'm sure I looked like someone who was not going to be doing anything in a hurry!

Well, I have now dissected my package, ordered new books (thank you Amazon marketplace) and spent some time trying to get to grips with the new OCA student website. Actual learning time = none. Though I did managed to find a music video that might possibly be coursework...

Yesterday I was filling my sketchbook with work on the theme of layers. Firstly layers of metallic paint and pen over an ink background.
Skeleton leaves layered over watercolour bird silhouettes and a twee bird stamp.
And finally metallic paints over an ink wash, over crayon and oil pastel.

2 comments:

  1. Quick! Someone is in urgent need of education! Hehe. How have you found OCA so far? I was thinking of doing a course with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I have just completed Textiles 1: a creative approach with them. I really enjoyed it and learn lots. Distance learning isn't for everyone, but it suits my life at the mo. :)

    ReplyDelete