Thursday 14 October 2010

Post frenzy???

Second post in one day - wow, I wonder what has come over me! This afternoon I have been making a mess, I flicked watercolour masking fluid on to paper, slowly layering on progressively darker layers of watercolour paint.
Is the outcome a picture of a distant galaxy? When not flicking paintbrushes on the dining table (I do have a desk - but that is another story) I have been cutting and ripping papers to make a collage. There is something very pleasing about collage, it reminds me of applique fuzzy felt shapes. When creating collage I'm always slightly tempted to stick on a pasta shell!
This flower reminds me of the yellow submarine. It's not all play here, as I have just finished reading Ways of Seeing by John Berger. If you are interested, someone has kindly added the original TV series to Youtube.

1 comment:

  1. it is so sweet to juse youre hands doing something creative ! Love collage myself, and youre flower was really cute :)

    ReplyDelete