Monday 18 July 2011

Cows & Cross stitch!

At the weekend I went to MK, to take part in the Midnight Moo. A 10 mile, female only walk around Milton Keynes to raise money for Willen Hospice, a very very worthy cause. The walk passes Milton Keynes's most famous residents - the concrete cows!
Whilst down south we popped to MK Gallery. This is a beautiful building, it really works well with the surrounding city centre. And mr crafty was even wearing matching clothes!
The show currently on is exploring the work of eight artists who come from MK. One of the artists is the very talented Mr X Stitch. His spam email cross stitches are great, and I just love the use of the hoops as frames.
I also really enjoyed Emma Wilde's meticulous drawings of MK roadsides and Lauren Keeley's haunting paintings. And now, I really must rest my legs after all that walking!

No comments:

Post a Comment