Wednesday 12 September 2012

Hats and a Star

September is here, there is a chilly feel in the air and my knitting is reflecting this.  In an attempt, possibly futile, to use up my stash, I cast on hats for my parents.  For both I used the Farm Beanie pattern by Alison Britt.  This is a quick knit, using 4mm dpns using DK yarn.  For my mum I picked some purple yarns.
 
And for my dad, a green and brown chenille-type yarn (the label had gone missing a long time ago!).  In hindsight, knitting the the chenille-type yarn was a bit of a pain, as it was more difficult to see the stitch definition.
And whilst the air is feeling autumnal, I am thinking ahead, and my first Stjarna star is finished.  Have you started any Christmas knits?

2 comments:

  1. I love those stars! Are they simple to do? Guessing they come up quite small, so don't use much yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! The star is about 10cm. The first row is VERY fiddly, but once you get started it is quite easy. My plan is to make lots for Christmas, but lets just see how I get on :)

      Delete