Tuesday 14 May 2013

Watering can...

My watering can was made from Robin DK acrylic yarn, with two strands held together.
I started with creating an oval base in double crochet (UK terminology), once it was the size I wanted I did one row of triple crochet, this helped the bend to be flexible.  Then plenty of mindless double crochet until it was the size I required.  I added a handle, a spout and water (or blue yarn) inside.
Originally I wanted there to be teardrops hanging down from the spout, however once in place they just kept tangling.
So I got scissor happy and gave them the chop, so only water threads remain.  It is not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's really cool! :-)

    Maybe next time you could try and use some kind of wire for the water threads to keep the drops from tangling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! I especially love the water coming out of the spout (teardrops or no teardrops). Super cute! =)

    ReplyDelete