My watering can was made from Robin DK acrylic yarn, with two strands held together.
I started with creating an oval base in double crochet (UK terminology), once it was the size I wanted I did one row of triple crochet, this helped the bend to be flexible. Then plenty of mindless double crochet until it was the size I required. I added a handle, a spout and water (or blue yarn) inside.
Originally I wanted there to be teardrops hanging down from the spout, however once in place they just kept tangling.
So I got scissor happy and gave them the chop, so only water threads remain. It is not perfect, but I think it looks pretty good!