Friday 8 June 2012

Arctic Tern

After I finished knitting my Arctic Tern (which may have involved some knitting in public & alcohol). It needed a beak and some feet.  The request was to used to recycled materials where possible, so I put on my thinking cap and got to work. 
 My beak, all the better for poking you with.
For the beak, a cotton bud wrapped in some material (from a rather holey pair of tights). For legs I cut some handles from disposable razors to size, and using embroidery thread and 2.75mm knitting needles, I knitted some red leg warmers for the bird.
I am legless.
 Here comes the hotstepper.
The feet were cut from a margarine lid, and covered in felt.
Ah ha! Great web design.
 A very, very hungry Arctic tern.
And just before migrating off to Mull my birdie said goodbye to Jeremy!
Bye Bye Birdie!

No comments:

Post a Comment