Saturday 18 December 2010

Christmas Tree Brain Decoration!!!

Who wouldn't want an extra brain at Christmas time? You could have one spare just in case the other one gets too drunk or forgets where the presents are hidden.
I have a friend with a PhD in psychology, what would be more apt to hang from her Christmas tree than a brain! I set to work, using felt, metallic thread, stuffing, ribbon, a little bell and an old physiology textbook that I had at university - I knew it would come in handy one day!
I cut out a brain shape in pink felt (including the important brain stem!) and stitched it on to a green felt circle.
I then stitched the texture of the brain, including lots of folds and crevices.
Then I joined this on to another green felt disk, using back stitch around the edge. Before sealing up completely I stuffed, and added hanging ribbon and a little bell. Now the brain is finished. Hang on your tree to give you extra brain power this Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! Thanks for sharing. Brains also make a great gift for Zombie fans.

    ReplyDelete