Saturday 20 July 2013

Knitting in the sunshine

The heatwave continues.  As does the stash busting.  Using up small amounts of 4ply yarn to make a couple of Little Sister's Dresses.
And some purple aran to make a Baby Sophisticate cardigan.
And, I have cast on a blanket (reverse pinwheel).  Which I actually brought yarn for.  To try to justify buying yarn, well it was on offer...
Knitting blankets in this heat summer seems like a perfectly reasonable thing to do!  Although I have some way to go before this blanket is covering my lap.  I've just realised when uploading these photos that I seem to be having a purple knitting phase, this is not necessarily intentional! In between the knitting, I also cycled up to Loch Lomond to have a very well deserved ice-cream.
Where this black headed gull (that really has a chocolate coloured head) very kindly posed for me.

2 comments:

  1. Oh love the dress, such pretty knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! so pretty and a lovely colour too one of my favourites :) x

    ReplyDelete