Saturday 14 April 2012

Extreme knitting!

I have been having a play with my 24mm knitting needles, which I brought from Rachel John at the Knitting and Stitching Show.
I used 8 strands of DK acrylic, using up lots of yarn stash that I have hidden in boxes (does this mean I can buy more yarn now?). It knits very quickly, and is quite a good upper body workout! I cast on 20 stitches, and knitted until it was big enough to cover a 50cm cushion pad. Note, try not to sit near anyone when knitting with 70cm needles, as that poor person tends to get poked - a lot!
Also this week I have been to see Tian Tian (Sweetie) and Yang Guang (Sunshine) at Edinburgh Zoo.
They are adorable!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is so neat. Looks fun too. The biggest needles I have are 15, I think.

    Those pandas are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete