Tuesday 12 May 2009

Peony Flower

I saw this picture in a magazine, and really liked the colours and shapes of the flower. I though it was a great starting point for some work. I used gouache paints to create the image below. I consciously tried to focus on the colours seen rather than the shapes. Overall I think this gives an impressionist effect.
I then created this mixed media piece; using felt, threads, papers and beads. It was quite fun to make. I think some parts of this are more successful than others, I particularly like the centre of the flower.

4 comments:

  1. Hello!
    Thanks so much for your lovely comment.
    I can see you love felt as much as me.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way your flower gets more and more vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments! It was great fun to use felt, I find the whole wet felting process quite therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there - thanks for your comment on my blog. Thought I'd pop by and take a look at yours :) I love the mixed media flower - really beautiful - and it's great to see what inspired it and how you developed the idea. Lovely work. I'll definitely be back for more!
    x

    ReplyDelete